What is milky, aromatic, chewy and absolutely addictive? If you guessed bubble tea, then you’re halfway there, because this here is team teapasar’s very own version of the well-loved drink – Oolong milk tea with chia seed pudding!
With this fuss-free milk tea recipe, you can now toss your worries about additives and flavours aside, because everything is 100% au naturel and extra fragrant with the inclusion of The Tea Crafters’ best-selling Milky Oolong tea. To complement this creamy base, we have a delicious chia seed pudding that satisfies your boba cravings sans the sugar.
- 3 The Tea Crafters Milky Oolong teabags
- 2 cup water
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Mix chia seeds with condensed milk, milk and vanilla essence in a bowl. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Steep the teabags in hot water for 10 minutes then remove teabags and let cool.
- Remove chia seed pudding from fridge. Stir well.
- Divide chia seed pudding into 2 glasses and top with ice.
- Pour tea into glasses and serve with a stirrer or straw.
Pro-tip : The chia seed pudding can be made beforehand and kept in fridge overnight to save time. The longer the refrigeration time, the thicker the pudding.
Here are some of our recommendations for the recipe: