As the second recipe for our National Day special featuring Infusion-de-vie’s Recover tea blend, things are kept clean and simple for teapasar’s very own Herbal Citrus Spritzer which requires only a few ingredients and steps that are easily modified to suit your tastes.
A light and refreshing concoction with a subtle tinge of floral, this drink is a charming fusion of tea’s goodness and the alluring effects of alcohol. Although it bears the fruity aroma and warm golden colour that is reminiscent of the classic Long island tea, this cocktail is lighter on the booze and richer with the umami flavour of herbal tea, making it a great appetizing drink for any gatherings you may be planning to host over the long weekends!
- 1 Infusion-de-vie Recover teabag
- 330ml sparkling wine or cider
- 150ml hot water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- mint leaf, for garnish
- lemon slice, for garnish
- Empty contents of teabag and steep in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea and stir in honey and lemon juice. Let cool.
- Pour mixture into glass filled with ice and top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with mint leaf and lemon slice before serving.
p.s For the young ones, you can always switch up the cider and wine for fizzy soda to give them the exact same experience without the dangers of hangovers!
If you are interested to try out more alcoholic drinks infused with the familiar taste of tea, read our previous tea journal post on platform. , a local bar that boasts a quaint selection of delightful tea flavoured cocktails.